HowDo?! Yorkshire are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our clients, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
What type of information is collected from you?
We first obtain data from you when you enquire about our services through our website. Personal data we collect from you during your enquiries could include your name, email address, profession, location and website address.
By using the Post a Flyer function on our website, data such as: Name; Email Address; Twitter Handle; Website URL; Location; and the image you upload will be collected.
Once you become a client of ours or work with us, other information may be stored such as: Full names; Company/organisation/trading names; Email addresses; Landline and mobile numbers; Mailing and billing addresses; Social media handles; Titles; Age; PA contact details (name, email, landline); Short biography; Photos; Testimonials; Payment methods (encrypted); Forms and survey responses; IP addresses and website visit behaviour (cookies); Purchase history;
How will my data be used?
- The information we hold and process will be used for the management of your campaign and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to complete your campaign and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the enquiries process and once you become a client.
- We may use your information in event of a query or to process a quote.
- As a client, you will, inevitably be referred to in many company documents and records that are produced by you and other members in the course of carrying out your campaign. Our employees will have access to data such as email addresses, and contact details in order to complete campaign management tasks.
- We may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
- If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
- We may contact you with information regarding distribution runs and offers, via email, or phone, and in compliance with the direct marketing regulations. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes, by emailing email@example.com.
- We collect publicly available information from social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), when users mention our social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) handles, comment on or retweet/share our posts. We collect posts, handles, names and follower count.
- We process this information, under the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest - tracking engagement. We will use this information to manage our social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), assess impact and recognise potential collaborators and prospects.
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of our website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- By submitting information and a flyer image through our Post a Flyer online form, you consent that data such as: the image you share; twitter handle; date of event; and location will be shared on our Twitter profile @HowDoYorkshire and our website howdoyorkshire.com as explained on the page. When you complete the form, an email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the the information. Once you submit the form, we will send you a courtesy email asking you whether you would like to be included on our client contact list.
- We collect information about browsing behaviour on our website so we can update it and ensure it is relevant for our audience. We anonymise and mask IP addresses and never store your full IP address.
How long will you keep my data?
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
- Your personal data will be stored for the period of which you are a client of ours and generally we will keep your personal data for up to three years after your most recent activity with us.
- We use the data you give us directly and indirectly to report on sales. We may anonymise your personal information so it is no longer identifiable personal information and use it without further notice to you for up to seven years for our own business records.
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
- We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required.
Where is my data stored?
We use several third-party applications for activities including data hosting, storage and processing. All our processors are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations and you can view their websites for further detail:
- Google LLC (California)
- Wave Financial Inc. (Toronto, Canada)
- Harvest LLC (New York)
- Salesforce.com, inc. (California)
What are my rights?
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
Contacting us regarding your personal data
Martyn Johnston is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the DPA 18 and GDPR. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact us at email@example.com.