Join Our Team
HowDo?! Yorkshire is an arts marketing company specialising in leaflet and flyer distribution in Yorkshire.
We distribute flyers, posters and brochures to community locations across Yorkshire. From cafes and bars, through to community centres, libraries, galleries, theatres, universities and chip shops, HowDo?! serves diverse communities and helps arts and community organisations build new audiences, encouraging regional cross promotion and creating a greater sense of cultural activity in Yorkshire.
Our regular clients include Bradford Council, Leeds Council, Science & Media Museum, Henry Moore Institute, Northern Ballet, Opera North, National Trust, Leeds Film Festival, Bradford Literature Festival, Ilkley Literature Festival, Harrogate Museums, Compass Art Festival - to name but a few.
We're currently looking for people to join our team in the following areas:
Distributor (Driver with additional responsibilities)
Our distribution service involves working solo or as part of a team to deliver and distribute promotional print material across the Yorkshire region & occasionally in neighbouring areas. You could be distributing small quantities of flyers/brochures to a wide variety of community locations, putting up/distributing posters, residential door to door flyering or maybe even some face to face flyering at events/transport hubs.
We are offering an initial contract of 3 months for 21 flexible hours per week @ £11 per hour (excluding mileage & petrol)
Basic Job Requirements:
- A valid driver’s license
- Own vehicle (must be an estate car or small van)
- Good knowledge of Yorkshire
- Ability to lift heavy boxes when required
- Comfortable with basic numeracy and map reading
- A polite and professional disposition
- Capable of physically demanding work in varying weather conditions
- Confident and friendly approach to interacting with clients and the general public
- Ability to remain calm and collected when challenges arise
The right candidate could be offered the opportunity to help further develop this role (but not limited) to include:
- Learning our distribution network
- Training of distribution workers
- Co-ordinating staff and collating rotas
- Building client relationships
- Leading a successful team
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter, detailing why you think you would be an asset to the HowDo?! Yorkshire team.